IPhone OS 4.0?
The last couple of months have been unusually quiet for the iPhone. Along with the expected announcement of the Apple tablet next Wednesday it is expected that iPhone OS 4.0 will be announced. With any luck a new iPhone will also be announced as well.
BGR’s got some inside info from a trusted source of theirs that says the next iPhone OS will have:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
Sounds realistic or is it complete bugger-wash?
Filed under: apple, iphone | Leave a Comment
Tags: apple, iphone, iphone os, iphone os 4.0, mac os x, mac os x mobile