Unibody All Around: Plastic MacBooks
First up is the redesign for the polycarbonate white MacBook aka Apple’s college friendly plastic MB. Taking ques from the unibody aluminum MacBook Pros, the new plastic Macs are unibody, have a glass multi-touch trackpad, LED-lit display and rubberized base. Like the 13″ MBP they dump the mic in, opting for just one audio in/out jack. Firewire is nixed as well. No SD card slot here. Apple is officially done with removable batteries, as the new plastic MB jumps ship to the integrated battery that lasts up to 7 hours on one charge.
– 2.16 Ghz Core 2 Duo jumps to 2.26 C2D
– Integrated Nvidia 9400m graphics remain the same
– 2GB DDR2 RAM is now out and 2GB DDR3 RAM is in (way faster RAM!)
– 160 GB hard drive -> 250 GB
– 1280 x 800 glossy display is still the only option and I doubt it will change
– Mini Display port
Starting price is $999.
Filed under: apple, mac, macbook | 1 Comment
Tags: apple, mac, macbook